What are dental crowns?
A dental crown is a laboratory-constructed restoration, which covers all or part of a tooth in order to improve both the appearance and function.
Why would I need to have a porcelain crown?
If you have lost a tooth or your teeth have been significantly worn down porcelain crowns could be the perfect treatment for you. They are:
- Strong and durable
- Aesthetically pleasing (made to naturally fit in with your other teeth)
- Excellent teeth replacements and will function in the same way
- Long lasting (with good care can last 7-15 years)
Are porcelain crowns secure?
Depending on your exact case the dental crowns can be secured in a number of different ways:
- Implant retained porcelain crowns – This is the most securest tooth replacement method available
- Tooth dental cement – The crown will be securely cemented to the prepared tooth it will be going over
- Dental bridges – This is a bridge of crowns and can be implant retained or cemented (depending on the situation)
I am unsure which treatment will be the most suitable for me?
If you are unsure what treatment will be the best for you, please do not hesitate to arrange your free consultation today!